Friday, February 13, 2015

The Soo Experience

(top: h&m | tank: joe fresh | pants: h&m | boots: target | earrings: joe fresh | necklace: american eagle | bracelets: h&m)

I am SO BEYOND EXCITED. My dearest darling young pup of a friend Amanda has turned 19 is FINALLY LEGAL. To (FINALLY) celebrate, I am taking her out for a night on the town! Unfortunately, in the Soo, a night on the town has limited options. However, we've planned it all out, and I've plotted a strategic bar hop so that she can have a true Soo Experience.

The Soo Experience is not necessarily a great time, but it is definitely a rite of passage. The bars in the Soo are a rare breed my friends. It is a limited, often tacky, and sometimes horrifying selection. It can be a lot of fun, and also, it can be not a lot of fun. However, in this case, I think tonight is going to be a blasty blast. I think the two of us will make sure it's an amazing night :D


As for me, I have not gone out in the Soo in YEARS. I go to Loplops all the time, but that is such a classy bar, with awesome bands, and drinks that are too expensive to get drunk off of. I've also gone out across the river, or in North Bay, or when we go on trips. But I've avoided the Soo Experience for so long that A) I'm anticipating some horrifying flashbacks to my own 19th/ 20th year, and B) I had SUCH a hard time figuring out what to wear.

In the end, I decided on this outfit of all-black-head-to-ankle, with a cute pair of heeled booties to fancy it up a little bit. Amanda and I both figured that with the range of bars we are going to, semi-casual with heels was going to be the best fit. I'm so excited!