Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Back in the Bay (Again)

(top: h&m | pants: h&m | kimono: brandy melville | boots: spring | earrings: joe fresh | necklace: american eagle | bracelets: mix of h&m and smart set)

This past weekend, I took a trip back home for the Coles Belated Christmas Party, since I worked there over the holidays. Honestly, I was a bit reluctant to even attend the party, and it kind of just worked out as a convenient reason to visit home.

And I'm glad I did go home! I had such a perfect/ adorable/ romantic weekend with Mike. Being apart for long stretches can be insanely hard sometimes. I count my lucky stars that our distance isn't that extreme, and that we can see each other somewhat often. I know we have it pretty great, as far as long distance goes. But this weekend was especially lovely, and we did so many fun things together.

I also spent a lot of time with my mom and of course, Maya, which was lovely. My mom even took us out for dinner and a movie, which was so much fun (THE IMITATION GAME IS AN AMAZING FILM)! The weekend definitely flew by way too fast.


It's so nice to be back in North Bay though!! It's hard to get back into the swing of things, homework-wise. Classes are still enjoyable, but I'm dreading the due dates coming up.

My friends and I have been having a blast though! I spend so much time with Alexa and Lindsay and Larissa, it's shocking we haven't gotten sick of each other yet. I actually wore this outfit for a movie night with Alexa and Lindsay. We have a bit of a movie night tradition, and it's always such a blast going to the theatre together (I SAW THE IMITATION GAME FOR THE SECOND TIME, IT IS SO GOOD).

I'm so incredibly grateful that I made such amazing friends here. It's so crazy to think that we just sat at the same table on the first day of class. We were destined to be besties!