I had another busy month in July! I feel like I've been constantly on the move, despite having very few shifts. I unofficially finished my job at Bookstore #2, and handed in my notice at Coles. I'm easing into the no-work life and I have to say, I don't hate it. My bank account sure does though. I've had some other big moments this month, too:
- Mike and I travelled down to Sudbury for the Northern Lights Festival, and got to see Tokyo Police Club!
- We spent the whole weekend in Sudbury browsing and having some nom noms.. travelling with this guy is some of the best stuff ever.
- I also went camping with Mike at Pancake Bay! We started this camping tradition 3 years ago and have been loving it ever since :)
- I bought a MacBook Pro for school! IT'S SO FUN :D and a huge improvement from my 6 year old Toshiba that had a crack down the screen, a broken cord, and sounded like an old engine.
- Amanda, Alyssa and I had a fun night and went to Rotaryfest to ride on the scrambler and other such festivities.
- Both my aunts came to visit from Hong Kong and Toronto and we did a whole bunch of fun stuff together! I also received a trip to Hong Kong as a graduation present from my Zia Nancy and I am so excited to visit her next year!! Simply cray.
- My lovely friend Maria was in town and we went on an awesome hike together! We also got lost in the woods. It was mildly frightening. But mostly fun.
- I've really gotten in the groove of doing lots of biking and hiking and running! It feels great to be so active and be out in the sun all the time. I am absolutely dreading winter's arrival and hope I don't become a lazy butt (Spoiler alert: I will most likely become a lazy butt)
- Amanda and I have gone on lots of walks with Leland this month, and one day we even brought Maya! Keeping track of those two got crazy.
And now we've reached August. This is the month!! Never thought it would actually arrive. I've got big changes and big occasions and big trips coming full steam ahead and I'm not so positive I'm prepared. I guess we'll just see, won't we?