Friday, July 18, 2014

Northern Lights Festival

(crop top: garage | skirt: urban outfitters | kimono: boathouse | flats: ardene | necklace: american eagle | bracelets: smart set | purse: aldo)

Earlier this month, Mike and I were super excited to attend a music festival in Sudbury, about three hours from home (also the city where my family is "from"- not including Italy- and lived for most of my life... kind of my second home). It's a festival held every year called Northern Lights Festival, and this is the second time Mike and I have gone together!

The first time we went was in the early days of our relationship, and we were so excited to see Joel Plasket and Yukon Blonde (two of our mutual favourites), among many other amazing artists. This year, we went mostly just to see Tokyo Police Club, another favourite band. We spent Friday at the festival, and explored cute shops in downtown Sudbury for the rest of the weekend. We had SUCH A BLAST and I hated having to return home! Classic. If only vacays could last forever AMIRITE.


I dressed light and breezy for the festival, since we were spending all day outside! This skirt from Urban Outfitters has been one of my favourites (and I also own it in black), but I really don't wear it enough! And I got a little balls-y and sported a crop top! I am generally not at all a crop top kind of person, but I thought it paired well with my high waisted skirt. I felt trendy but still covered up, which is key for me. I personally think that anyone can pull off trends that might seem risky if you pair it with the proper items! Go for it, gurlz *girl sticking out hand emoji*

I also made sure to layer my outfit with one of my kimonos, since it would be getting colder throughout the evening. WHAT CAN'T YOU WEAR KIMONOS WITH, I ASK YOU??? It ended up being the perfect outfit for the event... I felt comfortable, cool, and venue-appropriate. A winning combo.


We hadn't heard of most of the bands that played throughout the day (most were Sudbury local), but we were pretty impressed!! Sea Perry, and The Harpoonist and the Axe Murderer caught our fancy in particular. Seriously guys, they were super talented and fun to listen to. Take a looksee at those linkies. Tokyo Police Club ended up being absolutely fantastic, obviously. Their show had tons of energy, everyone was dancing at the front of the stage, and we had such a great time.


I'm looking forward to next year :) This festival has become somewhat of a tradition for us, and I'm hoping I will have even more amazing bands to tell you about next July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment