Saturday, February 8, 2014

Nonna


I am absolutely heartbroken to share that on Thursday February 6, I lost my dear, beautiful Nonna.

Losing her was one of the biggest shocks for my family, and we will all miss her terribly. My mom and aunts have lost their mother, me- my grandmother, and my Nonno has lost his companion of over 60 years. I consider myself extremely lucky to have come from a small family, to have spent so much time with her, and to have grown so close to her. 


She was the sweetest, gentlest, kindest woman I've ever had the privilege of knowing. She had the most loving spirit, brightest eyes, the most contagious giggle- you couldn't help but love her. I will never forget her silly jokes and tight hugs. And I will never be able to express how amazing and lovable she was, or how much she meant to me. She was- and always will be- most precious to me.


My mom and I have cancelled our travel plans and have spent the last few days preparing for the funeral and spending some much-needed time with family. While it's certainly under the saddest circumstances, I'm glad our little family has had the chance to come together and share all of our favourite memories. I am beyond thankful for the support I've had from my family and friends. And I wish I could give my Nonna more than these few words in a silly blog.

She is forever in our hearts and we will always, always love her.

(my- and everyone's- favourite photo of my nonna and mother when she was a baby in Italy)

3 comments:

  1. I feel for you, I am so terribly sad to hear about this. She sounds wonderful. Stay strong and hold on to those beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear that. beautiful pictures.. you can see that she was loved and will never be forgotten. take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss Angela, your grandmother sounds like an amazing woman who was so lucky to have all of you loving her. This was a beautiful post, stay strong <3
    xo

    ReplyDelete