Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Album Release Party

(black lace kimono: boathouse | tank top: american eagle | jeans: american eagle | boots: suzy shier | scarf: h&m | necklace: american eagle | bangle: h&m)

Saturday night, Mike and I went to Loplops for Frank Deresti & the Lake Effect's CD release party! I had such a struggle putting together an outfit. It was one of those nights where I threw my clothes all around my room, stomped in front of my mirror wearing two different shoes, and randomly grabbed at accessories, trying to find something that looked okay. I wasn't thrilled with this outfit at first, but it grew on me. I finally wore red lipstick out in public, and I liked the pop of colour paired with the rest of my black outfit. I saw some friends at the bar who also made me feel much better about my outfit bahaha.


And now about the show! Frank is easily one of our favourite local musicians. The whole band has SO MUCH energy, and you can't help but grin when you are watching them. I also always cry when he sings his more sentimental songs, no matter how many times I've heard them. They played a blend of songs from their old album, and the released one. We of course bought two copies of the CD and listened to it on the ride home. Since we live in such a small city, I happen to also know Frank from his being my old camp director, teaching a few of my friends guitar, and his being married to one of my closest friend's sister. #lifeinanortherntown


Some of my friends are in this music video hehe :)

Speaking of Sault local musicians: another band, Kalle Mattson, who I've mentioned before, are also releasing a new CD! I implore you to check out their music, I can't imagine you regretting it. Even the New York Times (!!!!!!) wants you to take a listen to their whole new album! :) Check out the company Kalle is in... So many big names! I think my favourite song is Eyes Speak. Or Love Song to the City. Gah I just love all of them, for real. Seriously take a listen.

Well I am turning into a rambly mess yet again so I will cut it out and leave you all alone now! Thanks for putting up with my obsessive rants about our local musicians!

3 comments:

  1. Love your dress, it looks beautiful on you :)

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit ! hope you had a fun night


    what about following each other on several networks : GFC/FB and twitter for example ?
    Kisses
    Hannah

    Elegantesque Blog

    ReplyDelete