Sunday, December 1, 2013

One Scarf, Two Ways

scarf: smart set | top: smart set | leggings: joe fresh | boots: reitmans | necklace: american eagle | bracelets: assorted, h&m (similar), smart set, american eagle

I made a very important discovery about one of my favourite scarves this morning. As I was getting ready, my scarf was just refusing to sit the way I wanted it to, so I fluffed it about in frustration and threw it over my shoulders and realized it's big enough to be worn as a big fun shawl! I've been obsessed with kimonos, shawls, and everything drapey lately, so I was a little bit excited to construct my own version!

Next time I might just wear this outfit to an actual outing or event or while doing something worth a fun outfit haha. Rather than what I've done today, just running around town on my own to buy presents for Christmas and Mike's birthday, essentially inhaling coffee, and hanging around at home trying to work on an essay (the last essay of my undergrad! Eep!)

how I would normally wear this scarf.. love the buttons on the back of this shirt but still had to go with the shawl!

I've spent the past few days spending some valuable time with new friends from work, and old friends who I don't spend nearly enough time with. I'm always whining and complaining about how I don't have any friends living in the Soo anymore. So this week has been a much-needed reminder that I'm a big liar, and I'm very lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life. Alright I'm done being cheesy now, go on with your day!

4 comments:

  1. Love the look! These boots are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaw, you look really cute! I adore your shawl/scarf! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look absolutely gorgeous! love that scarf so much:)
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so lovely with your hair up! I don't know but I can't follow you with GFC I don't know what is happening with the button

    kisses,

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete