Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hometown Show

(dress: modcloth | sweater: forever 21 | earrings: forever 21 | necklace: forever 21 | boots: reitman's}

Last night, my friends and I went to a Kalle Mattson festivus show at Loplops. Kalle Mattson is a singer/ songwriter/ band from our hometown and he is/ they are just great, you guys. Seriously one of my favourite bands. They have been touring all over the place and are actually headed to Europe next, but we are always sure to catch their show when they come back to the Soo. I honestly think I must have seen them upwards of 10 times in the past few years. #fangirling Did I mention they are my age, went to a local high school, and we have lots of mutual friends? #iamahugecreep


They played at Loplops which is easily my favourite bar in the Soo. It is such a cool venue, full of amazing art and uncomfortable seats and too-hip people. This is both intimidating and good for outfit inspiration. Whenever we go to Loplops I end up establishing an awkward balance between dressy and casual. This outfit is probably leaning toward dressy though, I suppose?

I bought this dress from Modcloth during their big sale. It is honestly one of the prettiest dresses I have ever put on my body. This outfit doesn't really do it justice, and I'm excited to wear it in the summer, when the cutouts can be showcased a little bit!

This morning we all went out for our traditional breakfast, and I finally exchanged presents with Em, Laur, and Mike. They all spoiled me a bunch! And Mike got me a beautiful crossbody bag from Roots which I have only been whining about wanting for about 4 years! Best guy.

And now I am going to leave you with a Kalle Mattson video because I feel it's my duty to spread his/their music far and wide.


5 comments:

  1. Love your dress! Looks great with the sweater and boots. Great post.

    Sarah
    sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is really beautiful you look awesome!

    happy new year!
    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress! Almost feels like spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so cute. - xo

    http://fleuryina.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete