Friday, December 27, 2013

Boxing Day Shenanigans

(sweater: american eagle | jeans: american eagle | boots: reitman's | earrings: aldo | necklace: forever 21)

I hope you all had a great Christmas and that Santa was good to you! I had a lovely time with family and also had a pretty swell haul this year. My gifts included an iPad and a cardigan with elbow patches so I'm a happy girl!

Yesterday was also my aunt's birthday, so we spent yesterday braving the bridge to do some Boxing Day shopping across the river. We're both addicted to shopping so it was a wonderful time. I was doing so well with my money this month and then Modcloth had a big sale, and TJ Maxx had some sweet deals, and I am once again ashamed of my shopping addiction. One of these days I'll kick it I swear.

Yesterday evening my mom and I went to a holiday party at Erin's house with Laur and a bunch of families from our neighborhood. It was a fun little party with lots of noms! And then in the evening I finally saw Mike since he is home from his trip!


This outfit was the perfect outfit to transition from shopping to a casual holiday party. When I first saw this sweater on the rack, I thought it was incredibly weird. Then I tried it on and that's when our love story began. This sweater is easily one of my favourites, and I have to force myself to not wear it constantly. It's such a flattering and comfortable fit and I love the ruffled hem!

I am rambling now so I will make myself stop. Hope your holidays are just grand!

5 comments:

  1. How could anyone ever resist a mod cloth sale?? I love that store, I wish we had it in the UK.

    You're very lucky to get an iPad for Christmas - they are fab!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to shop at ModCloth one day! So I totally understand you... :-)
    Cute sweater you are wearing here!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    P.S.: Thanks for commenting on my last post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice outfit! The ruffle looks cute without being too princess-y.

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a beautiful top, I adore the ruffles. Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and best wishes to you for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy many of Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete